Friday, May 8, 2009

shape.

Chicago- Sufjan Stevens

Isn't it crazy how our music taste evolves through the years? Maybe it's just me. I went from Britney/Backstreet Boys/98 Degrees in my childhood years, to whatever was on the radio or "cool" in my young adolescence years. In high school, I had my emo moments and thought that type of music defined my life and "spoke" to me. I am ashamed to admit I cried to Dashboard and Something Corporate ballads regularly (I'm not ashamed to have listened to those bands, they still have a place in my heart...Oh, Something Corporate how I miss you). When I got to college, I found alternative music. I love relaxing, chill music now. Happiness.

Just a taste of some wonderful music you may or may not have heard of...But you must listen to:
Lisa Hannigan- She was the back up singer for Damien Rice. Her voice is angelic. I recommend the song "I Don't Know".
Renee Cassar- What a gem from Australia. She has a pretty awesome style. I love the ballad "Always With You".
Sufjan Stevens- I already recommended the song (see above). It's always in my head.
Ingrid Michaelson-You may recognize her from the old Old Navy commercial, "The Way I am" song. That's a good one. My favorite that's always stuck in my head is, "You and I". It's so cute.
The Duke Spirit- "My Sunken Treasure" is probably their best.
Angus and Julia Stone- "Mango Tree". Precious.


1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

You know, I never got into any boy bands. I consider it a gift of my creativity as a teen:) Or dashboard. You teenage sap;)