Thursday, May 7, 2009

Home.

Home isn't feeling like home anymore. It's just a place I crash and sit around when I'm visiting family and/or have nothing to do. It is relieving to walk in and see my Mom and the dogs, but it's just not where I'd like to be for an extended amount of time anymore. Forgive me if I've written about this before.
I just never thought I'd see this day. It really makes me feel grown up. I'm sure I'll move out and miss the family, but it's where I need to go. I've always been an independent person due to a lot of family issues, and I feel like I've finally gotten to the point where I can use that to my advantage and get on with my life.
I'm sure this happens to everyone, so it's hilarious that I'm even posting about it, but it's a very nostalgic experience for me.

Oh...And I finally mustered up the courage to walk into my dad's house while his girlfriend (Amy) was there. Amy and I have a lot of problems with each other. All you need to know is that I was all ready to let things go around Christmas time, and then she stormed into my dad's house and said something terribly vulgar, disgusting and rude about me to my dad in front of my sister and 14 year old brother. I walk into the house to get some mail of mine (she's the reason I no longer live there) and she completely ignores me. I'm 2 feet away from her, and she doesn't acknowledge my existence. I talk to my dad on the phone, and she pretends she can't hear me. Like I'm a ghost. Later, she tells my dad that she said "hello" to me. She did no such thing. The angry person in me wants to tell my dad that no, she didn't say hello and she was rude as always. But I don't want to start drama. This sounds incredibly immature, but this woman is the reason my parents got a divorce. I had to live with the 28 year old woman my dad had an affair with for 5 years too many.
Okay, Had to vent about that. I know it's Christ-like to forgive, and anger gets you nowhere. I was so close to doing it over Christmas but what she said was way out of line. I just don't know what to do. Do you forgive someone who isn't sorry? "Forgive them, for they know not what they do" I don't know. Has anyone been in this situation before?

No comments: