Monday, May 18, 2009

Real World: Brooklyn.

First of all, the feedjit keeps saying I'm coming from Brooklyn. No, site tracker, you are wrong. I am definitely in the middle of Manhattan.
Secondly, this post has nothing to do with the Real World but everything to do with Brooklyn.
Obviously I'm an online stalker and try to figure out everything that's going on. I'm willing to take subways by myself, get myself lost in Harlem on accident, and get lost in Brooklyn in order to find the most cool activities ever. Like the 3rd Ward FHE walking the Brooklyn bridge. Miraculously, I ended up in the back of the line with two Mormons: Keyword I overheard was "BYU". I then introduced myself. HA I knew no one, it was like a blind date. No one knew I was coming.
We stood in a line much like this for an hour and a half and ate pizza at "New York's Best Pizza" Grimaldi's. It was delicious.

Then, we walked the Brooklyn Bridge at night. It was gorgeous. I then had friends to take me back on the subway :) YAy. Words cannot describe though how breathtaking the skyline was on the Brooklyn Bridge.


Earlier today, I surrounded myself with Manhattan. I found a McDonald's that has personal TV's for every stool in the restaurant, I read in the New York Public Library, walked far too long to an HSBC when there was one right next door to the NYPL, and then spent 2 hours overlooking Columbus Square/The Temple/browsing at Barnes and Noble (MY favorite store in the world..paradise). I also got lost in the bus station finding a bathroom.

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

It's impossible not to fall in love with the city. I'm SO excited to come. I'm also jealous (in a non-sinful way of your adventures):) You seem to be makin your presence known, way to go!