Sunday, May 24, 2009

Quick.

Hopefully this will be short because I have to be up early tomorrow.
I'm going to Long Beach, Long Island for Memorial Day with my friend Lauren!
I'm so excited...I haven't been to Long Island in years, and I used to live there when I was little. I had a traumatizing experience with Jones Beach. A Lab's leash got attached to my mini beach chair and he ended up dragging me all over the beach. I was scarred for life.
Anyway, the Yankees game was amazing. They were losing 4-2 until the last inning, and then they ended up winning. It was AWESOME. I loved the new stadium. Now I know why they moved stadiums.
Last night, I tried PinkBerry for the first time. Overrated. It was frozen yogurt, but literal yogurt. Ew. The raspberries and white chocolate shavings over it was the best part.
Today was church. Okay, every girl is gorgeous here. I feel very inadequate. And the girls HATE the interns. They're very possessive of their guys. Regardless, I went to a potluck dinner tonight with like 8-10 people (the ward is huge, so this was an extremely small potluck) and it was fun just talking with everyone. It's so nice to be around members all the time.
Yayaya so that's my life. Gotta get ready for BEACH tomorrow :)

P.S.
The heat in New York is BRUTAL. Like, terrible. I use the subway to get everywhere, and it is ridiculous how hot it is. Let's just say, a few people don't shower. On top of that, a homeless man was singing "It's Getting Hot in Here" by Nelly, and dancing today on the subway. Then proceeded to do a remix of rap/r&b music. His beat was the coins in his cup. Honestly, it's hard for me to feel sympathy for these people. Does that make me completely horrible?

No comments: