Monday, November 9, 2009

Split Screen Sadness.

I miss my best friend Lauren.
However, thanks to Skype we can pretend we're watching TV together at the same time. Miss your friends/family TV nights? Want that girls' night back that you lost thanks to your best friend living across the country? Fret no more!
Steps:
1) Sign up for netflix.
2) Pick a show to become addicted to (currently Moonlight); Each order your own discs.
3) Pick a time to meet on Skype, put in your headphones.
4)Press play at the same time.
5) Laugh, cry, and watch one another's reactions as if you were in the seat right next to them.

I now have something to look forward to in Hershey. Thank you Lauren Johnson, but no thank you for living so far away.

I just found out the book I'm reading, "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving, is actually the basis for the movie "Simon Birch". I'm on page 580, and this didn't click at all. Thanks Shay for that wake up call.

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Nerd. I love that you watch each other. I'm way too insecure to do that;)