Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cheers to...

Cheers to Pennsylvania, one of the most useless states out there.
Every year, my goal is to be a little more optimistic. This year, I'll set aside my hatred for this state and reflect on the good that has come of me living here.

1) Penn State. I'm not very grateful for some of the situations I've been put in, the lack of Church activities, the extreme overly-drunk students walking around 24/7 literally (me=negative Nancy), but I am grateful for being a part of this school. I can attest that they call it Happy Valley because of the school spirit and pride you feel on that campus. I remember walking plenty of times to class, taking a deep breath of air in and smiling because I went to such a great school on a beautiful campus.

2) Friends.

I'll be honest, I don't have a lot of close friends in Pennsylvania. I only really became close to 2 girls at main campus, and one was a friend from highschool, so I guess that doesn't count. So, albeit new friendships, I am thankful for friends here in Hershey. Cheers to sanity, or lack thereof.


3) NetFlix, scrapbooking, reading, Skyping....
Thanks to there being nothing to do in PA, I've found solace in getting that little red encased DVD in the mail. I reminisce monthly while trying to finish my New York City scrapbook, and sadly reflect back on the summer when I had it all. I read and read some more. I Skype (self explanatory).

4) Chocolate.
I live in "The Sweetest Place On Earth", (note: I am not grateful for living here).....Sometimes if you're lucky, while walking outside there's a hint of chocolate in the breeze. And it's not just me smelling things, it's real. The chocolate factory is pretty close by. On occasion, I'll lower my windows in my car for this reason. It smells good. But then there are bad days, when it's cow manure instead. It's basically Farmville out here (shoutout to farmville......not).




Pennsylvania and I have officially set aside our differences. I guess.

No comments: