Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Growing Up.

Matthew. My TOUGH little brother.




My little brother Matt....Born November 4th, 1994. I was in 1st grade and I remember my Grandma coming all the way from England for the occasion. I was so excited for a little brother. A sister was a hassle and someone to fight with. Plus, I was now at the mature age of 6 and ready to handle big sister responsibilities.
I remember my brother pretending to be a hockey player and ruining all of his socks "skating" in our living room. The TV was always occupied when the Sabres were playing. Who picks a favorite hockey team at the age of 3? He was obsessed. My dad swore it was because it was the year the Rangers won the Stanley Cup. That little kid could skate like no one's business. He was my dad's pride and joy, his first and only son to play catch with, teach how to skate, and golf with. He was bleach blonde when he was little.


I don't ever remember us not getting along, besides me getting frustrated when he threw his temper tantrums. We had a "wrestling match" once when we were bored; I was 15. He won.

Matt, now you're 15. You're in highschool, you're almost 6 feet tall, and you tower over me. But, it's fitting because I look up to you. I am so proud of you and who you have become. You're SO smart, such a great hockey player, and you have so much going for you in life. Whenever I talk about you to my friends I have this huge smile on my face and brag about how cool of a brother I have. I am so lucky to have you as a "little" brother.



I love how the last two pictures show how the roles have reversed.

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

He's huge! Little brothers are the best... for the most part.