Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This is the life...

Not.
I'm so sick, ayayyay. My birthday basically sucked because of it. Cold, runny nose, sore throat, yuck.
I took care of a man today with Cerebral Palsy. I babysit a 13 year old girl at home with CP as well, and it seriously gave me so much hope for her in the future. This 40-ish year old man had a family. He lived on his own. And he had the STRONGEST arms I'd ever seen. The man can move himself around. He was so sweet. Ha and he told me to not have children, especially girls. I don't think I'll listen to his advice :)
But guys...People with cerebral palsy, most of them are NOT mentally handicapped. So don't treat them like that. I would take the girl I babysit to the park, and people would direct questions that they wanted to ask her to me. They can speak for themselves!
This is how the conversation would go:
Uneducated Lady (to me): Does she like dogs, or is she scared of them?
Me: You're asking the wrong person.
They are smart, they are funny, and they are some of the most amazing people you'll ever meet.

Anyway, I'm sitting in my living room filled with balloons and streamers. My roommates are so cute, I love them.

No comments: