Sunday, April 26, 2009

Left Behind.



To make a long story short, I lived in a beautiful house on top of a hill overlooking Horseheads from 7th grade until I graduated high school. My adolescent years were spent growing up there. I drove for the first time when I was 16 up the windy roads to my house. I walked up that hill with all my friends in 9th grade because we were crazy enough to try. My parents then got a divorce, and I've been house hopping since. I was driving up Prospect Hill again tonight, because my mom bought a house up the road from my old, gorgeous house. I drove by and felt like such a grown up. I remember the crazy nights I had on this road when I was younger, and the ridiculous parties I threw because I thought I was a cool teenager. It's so surreal to think that it was almost 10 years ago that I started my "growing up journey" in that house.




Since then, we've downgraded. I no longer even have a bedroom at my mom's...Haha, oh well.

No comments: