Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Puppy Love.

Last night, I watched the movie Marley & Me by myself.
This may have been the worst idea I have ever come up with.
Just a quick synopsis: The movie is about the life of a dog and its' owners. The family grows, and so does the dog.
This weekend, I spent lots of Q.T. with my dog, Buster. He's a 17 year old Lhasa Apso. He's blind, deaf, and has arthritis. It breaks my heart everytime to have to carry him up and down the stairs so he can go outside.
This is my most recent picture of Buster, taken April 2009.

Like the movie, Buster was on clearance when I picked him out because he was a sick puppy. I was 4. My dad told me, "You can either pick this dog here, or we can go to the SPCA and adopt an abandoned dog." I obviously picked Buster because he was the cutest dog I'd ever seen and I fell in love with him. He was very sick, but he ended up living. He's been through so much. He helped me grow up while I watched him grow old. He was my best friend when my parents would fight during my childhood and eventually got a divorce. He always knew what was going on with my family, because he was a part of it. I think he's seen more than any dog has seen, and he's still seeing (although not literally). He's lived quite the life; well past his lifespan of 12-15 years. Buster still has his crazy side; He loves to play with the younger dogs when he has the energy. But really, he's the only being that's seen almost my entire life thus far and put up with every bit of it. I have unconditional love for my puppy.
After that movie, I cried for about 15 minutes, to the point where my roommates walked out to check on me and make sure I was ok. When they came in, I obviously started bawling. My roommate basically asked me WHY I watched that movie considering my weekend. Well, worst idea ever.

End of story. HA

P.S. I love the name Everleigh

No comments: