Tuesday, April 14, 2009

mullets & parrots.

"When you cross the street,
Take my hand."
-John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"


Thought I'd leave you with a pretty cute quote. I'm currently starting to read "Beautiful Boy" by David Sheff. It's about his son's struggles with addictions, and since I myself am addicted to Intervention, the TV show on A&E, I figured I'd give it a try. Every Monday night you'll catch me on the couch from 8-10pm watching Intervention. I laugh, I cry. I clap with joy as the "recovery" song comes on at the end and it is stated that they have been sober since (insert date). It's kind of beautiful. I'm obsessed with Candy Finnigan and Kenn, the interventionists.

Another thought...Today I took care of a man who was 49, rocked a mullet, was a computer consultant, and rescued "abused" parrots for a living. He has 9 of them just chilling in his living room, talking up a storm. He also has a fiancee of 9 years. They sleep in separate twin beds like in the '50's. This man made me laugh. Very interesting, these Pennsylvanians. I'll give that to them.

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I love intervention as well. its such a depressing show though. the reality of it & all that it entails. its so good though. I bawl my eyes out, but i usually do that with every reality tv show.