Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's just one of those days.

It's just a blah, I feel like doing nothing kind of day. I don't know what's up. I'm trying to read some Ann Coulter to keep me entertained, but nah, it's not working. Now it's pouring rain. Just captures the mood.
Am I really trying to pretend like "Dead and Gone" by T.I and JT is like my life? Why yes, yes I am right now.

Do you ever feel like you're losing a friend? It's the worst feeling in the world. Slowly you stop talking as much. The person that you think is reliable just stops being there all the time. It kind of hurts. That could be partly why I have this feeling.

But alas, I get to see Nichole, my best friend since 2nd grade this weekend. We're going to have a sleepover like old times and go in the hot tub (also like old times). We used to have the most rocking sleepovers. Always in her basement, we'd take millions of blankets, couch cushions, whatever we could find, and just swim in them. We'd watch the scariest movies, drink soda and eat pizza. We'd talk about our 6th grade "boyfriends" and she'd let me cry to her about my parents' situation. We would literally play Pokemon until 3 in the morning. We'd play the "closet game". We beat the game within 10 minutes of eachother. And our hot tub moments: Daring eachother to do somersaults in the snow, running around the outside of my house in our bathing suits in the middle of winter, making "New Year's Goals" that we must have accomplished by January 13th. Inviting boys over nervously.
me and nichole. scrunched nose
We Went on the Cutest vacations.
I really miss her so much. It's true, college does distance people. But I will never forget when we were in her pool, and her Mom stopped us amidst our swimming competitions saying "Did you know you two will be friends forever? It doesn't matter what happens or where you go, you two will always have eachother no matter what. That's special." I feel like crying thinking about that moment. Oh, the joys of being an overly emotional girl.
me and nichole having a good time.
Aw to be in 10th grade again.

I love my Best Friend Forev.

No comments: