Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fast Food Frenzy

I'm going to be completely honest. I am a self-proclaimed fast food junkie. Don't let my tiny self fool you, because I can eat like it's nobody's business. Nothing satisfies me more than a double cheeseburger and medium fries from McDonald's. I crave Baja steak Chalupas at least once a day from Taco Bell. I'm in love with going out to restaurants. Lately, my fast food addiction has gotten really bad. It may be because I'm a college student and my kitchen is lacking, but every day/night I have to restrain myself from driving the .3 miles to the nearest fast food area and divulging in the greasy foods that await for me. Most of the time, the restraining doesn't work.
America wants us to be fat. Everyday, I'm bombarded with food advertisements. The great values, the beautiful pictures of food flashed across my television screen, and the words "delicious" scream to me, "you know you want it Amy!!!". I wish I was like my roommate Beth. She hates fast food and is repulsed by the idea. People like me with no self control are like zombies to these ads. It kills me!!!
End rant. Ha.

No comments: