Monday, April 27, 2009

City Girl.

I just have to express my excitement/nervousness for moving to New York for the summer. Not only will I be living with girls I don't know (but they seem wonderful), I'll have my first full time job and be living basically on my own. It dawned on me two days ago that I will need to use a laundromat for the first time...In Manhattan. HA the things that give me anxiety are hilarious. I really can't wait, and I can't believe it's coming so soon. 33 days until I move in. Unbelievable. I'll be working only 3 days a week (12 1/2 hour days, blah), so that means 4 days a week of downtime for me to explore. I'm not going to be a tourist anymore!

Oh, and weird story. One fact beforehand: There are 1.6 million people living in Manhattan. Now...
My sister's best friend has an older brother who is a year older than me. We went to middle school and highschool together, and happened to go to Penn State together as well. We've always been in the same "group" of friends, but we're not extremely close. Anyway, after he graduated in the Winter, he moved to Manhattan. We haven't talked since. I picked a place on West 44th Street in Hell's Kitchen. Come to find out through a friend, Ryan lives on West 44th street as well. I ask him where he lives. He lives in the building next to mine, and on the fourth floor like I do. What are the ODDS?! We live in a small town in Upstate New York with a small amount of people. I am just in disbelief. It's pretty cool though, at least I know I have a friend there that can show me around (possibly help me move in? I'm crossing my fingers!)

No comments: