Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cookies & Miss USA

I just spent two hours of my life watching Miss USA while eating cookies. Simply because hese girls are beautiful and comfort food was totally necessary while watching.
During the overwhelming Judge's Question Segment, Miss California got asked the question from the notorious celebrity gossip blogger (and gay) Perez Hilton. I found his question appalling for a pageant. His question asked if she thought that all other states should follow suit in legalizing same sex marriages. This girl's answer started out a little bit rocky. I would be totally thrown off by an ethical question. The answer is based on her personal beliefs, family beliefs, religious beliefs. That's like asking, "What do you think the correct religion is and why?". I was so proud of her for her answer. At the end, she said something to the like of, "In my family, and growing up, I was raised to believe that marriage is something to be between a man and a woman only. That's what I believe, no offense to anyone." Perez Hilton's face was in the corner, and it dropped. I could see his brain brewing up a story on Miss California. She ended up winning 2nd Place and I was so proud of her for answering a hard question with such honesty. It's a controversial topic. If your life dream was on the line, would you be totally truthful or avoid answering that question?

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

yes, she have some sort of horrible picture of herself plastered on his wall. What a tough question. Way to watch miss usa, you stud.