Sunday, April 5, 2009

sunshine.

I'm sitting here in the living room at my mom's. In my towel, because obviously I'm too lazy to change into clothes. I've been sleeping in until at least 12:30pm for the past three days. I feel like that's my birthday present; I love to sleep. It's my birthday weekend, I turn 21 tonight at midnight. I can't believe that I'm in my 20's. Life goes by so fast. I remember when I was little and I thought people in their 20's were ancient. Oh, how things change!
It's been nice spending time with my family, but I feel like I'm growing up. I never thought I'd see the day when I actually didn't want to live with them for the summer, but now that's all I want to do. But then I think about how this summer is it. Next summer, I'll be moving to my future place of settling down (and I have not a clue where that may be....Suggestions anyone?) and it's not going to be here. When I told my dad that, I think his face dropped. I think that he didn't realize this time would come so soon, I'm going to be a grown up in a year. I guess I didn't realize that either, it just happens.
Craziness.
Anyway, I'm happy to be here. I'm happy to be where I am in my life, even though a lot of the time I complain. Like I said in Manhattan at church last Sunday, "Andddd..I'm happy now!" and everyone laughed. HA : ) But seriously.

No comments: