Monday, September 27, 2010

Tick Tock.

2 days until I am back in Utah for a 5 day weekend. Excited.

Updates....

This past weekend, my dad came into town to drop off my grandma a new car. You should have seen her face when she saw it. She was in shock and oh so excited. She expected something similar to her 1988 Toyota Camry that she recently sold for $100 (but we loved that car, so much)....This car was a 2009 Aveo. Light blue, gorgeous. I was so happy for her. We had a family dinner and surprisingly, my Uncle and his family were there, as well as my Aunt whom I haven't seen in over 2 years (long story). My little cousin was there, too. He is 5. Oh, Christopher, how I love you. We played a lot. I absolutely love playing with little kids and watching them grow. I can't wait until I either a) have some of my own to play with and b) work with lots of them at a hospital/clinic, whichever comes first.

(it took about 15 minutes of chasing him down for this picture...He said "Can you please send this to Matthew?" (my brother)")


Seeing my family is something I really look forward to and love, especially since I live away from home permanently now. My dad dropped off some of my clothes for fall. I love fall weather. It's starting to cool down here as of yesterday, but it's raining now. I ran a lot of errands today in the rain. It feels good to be productive and get things done.

My family recently switched to AT&T due to Verizon Wireless customer service being unprofessional, unfriendly and ridiculous. So far, my experience with AT&T representatives has been nothing but positive. They are so nice and helpful. It's been great. I now have an iPhone that I'm obsessed with. I'm a complete nerd with it; I've downloaded 3 applications for nursing to help me with my job: an RN help guide, IV drip rate calculation, and a medcalc app. Lovely.

I've found something to occupy my time until October 25th. I am going to be volunteering for Room to Grow, an organization that collects clothing/toys for children ages 0-3 living in poverty. Sadly, I will only be sorting clothes and toys, indirectly helping these children. I'm pretty sure the woman over the phone thought I was a tiny bit overqualified. I am excited to help, though.

I can't wait to start nursing again. I feel like such a nerd saying that. I just love talking to the patients and helping them get better. I'm sure I'll be complaining about my busy schedule later on, but right now the compassionate side of me is kicking in. I think I realized how much I missed nursing when I went to the nursing home with Jackson. Talking to Norma and helping her get into bed was one of the highlights of my week (and I'm happy it was with you, Jackson ;) ha). Even if it was something so simple like that. This sounds so ridiculous, but seeing a med cart and nurses with stethoscopes, ah I just wanted to be there and help out with them. I'm so grateful to have passed my boards on my first try and to be a registered nurse. And especially to have my Bachelor's. I'm not trying to brag, it just feels great and it's such an accomplishment for me. A huge goal in my life is complete.




Sufjan Stevens - Jacksonville

No comments: