Wednesday, September 22, 2010

6 years.



Ode to LOST

"On September 22, 2004, at 2:15 pm local time, Oceanic Flight 815 left from gate 23, and took off from Sydney, Australia, scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles at 10:42."

I love you, Carlton Cuse & Damon Lindelof (the writers of Lost, come on now). You made my last two years of school bearable. A corner of my living room junior year of college was deemed "Amy's LOST corner" due to me sitting there all day/night watching Jack, Kate, Sayid, Charlie, Hugo, Desmond, Locke, Juliet and Co. try to survive on this crazy island that you created.

You made my lifetime dream evolve into an unrealistic one of crashing in a plane and living on a mysterious island.


Every time I book a flight, I check to see if the flight number is 815. Not only that, but every time I’m boarding a plane, I closely survey the other passengers and try to figure out which character they would be. This leads to awkward staring…But I want to know who to form an alliance with and who I should leave to fend for themselves.


Happy 6th Anniversary, LOST.


Love, Amy

(I would be Kate if I were on the show)

No comments: