Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rage, Part 2.

If you don't want to read about my woes with the New York State Board of Nursing, please feel free to skip.

Ed and I at the NYS Board of Nursing, Office of Professions had gotten to be good friends. He sounds like he's about ready to retire, and is very blunt about the disorganization of the Board of Nursing. We've talked about three times on the phone. He checks things for me, only to tell me that my license has not been approved yet and does not know why. What he neglected to tell me was that he was not the man I should be talking to. Until today. He gave me the right extension number, and off I went, never to talk to Ed again.

Extension 280....I call. A woman answers the phone who is kind (I'll give her that). I tell her I sent in my application on August 3rd, had been calling, called the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing, everyone did their part, so everything should be in.
Her response: "Oh. The reason we didn't approve your application was because page 4 of Form 1 wasn't notarized. Re-apply. We're 6 to 8 weeks behind in opening mail, so make sure you call us every few days so that we can look for it in the mail."

You know what I'm not cool with? The fact that they received and opened this piece of mail on August 6th, 2010. They realized the mistake, that I'm sure others had made before me. It is now September 23, 2010. A month and a half later. I wasn't notified that my application wasn't approved. Did they just assume I'd know? Let me clarify that there were about FIVE applications that I had to fill out. So it was a total guessing game as to which one was prolonging the approval. Was it the Child Abuse Check? The Penn State Education Verification? The Pennsylvania License Verification? The two applications to apply for licensure in NY State?
I'm glad I know the phone number to the NYS Board of Nursing by heart now, along with the zip code of the office. Just some more useless knowledge.

Cross your fingers that I have my license by the middle of October, or else I'm homeless.

Okay, ending rant.

No comments: