Sunday, December 27, 2009

coming to a close.

My 21st Christmas has come and gone.
It's funny how times change....We went to my dad's Christmas morning at around 9am and the first thing we wanted to do is eat. I remember literally sprinting to get the presents Christmas morning when I was little. I miss those times, but I think I now know that the presents will still be there after the food. I love food.
This Christmas didn't feel like Christmas at all to me for a lot of reasons, but I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with my family.

My cousin Christopher is 5. He is getting so big. I think it's the most beautiful thing to watch a child grow up. He was talking and used the word "perhaps" correctly in a sentence. I'm thinking by the time he's 18, he'll be getting a perfect score on his SAT's.

I have a Russian aunt. Her Russian mom lives with her. She probably has a less than 50 word vocabulary of English. She's been here for almost 20 years and just doesn't want to learn the language, which is weird but oh well. It's the cutest thing, though. She loves to see us, kisses us and tells us how much we've grown in the best way that she can, by hand gestures. It's adorable.

I think I ate the whole world for Christmas. We had stuffed clams, shrimp, ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, meatballs, pork, raviolis, and apple pie. I had stomach pains for 24 hours. Ridiculous.

For Christmas I got 2 snuggies. Does that make me a loser? I think so. One was your classic snuggie in leopard print. The other was more classy. Zippered. I kind of look like a monk in it, but I really fit that look.

Yesterday I went to the City with my sister. It was cold, it was rainy but it was worth it. We went shopping, I showed her Herald Square, made her eat Thai food for the first time (she loved it, I was in heaven as well) and made her ride the subways with me, because for some scary reason I miss that a lot. I like to people watch I guess. It was sad because I miss the City so much, and there were so many people I wanted to see that either weren't there or the times didn't work out. We got to see the Rockefeller tree and watch people skate in literally puddles. People are crazy. Saw a lot of Asians taking pictures of ridiculous things, but that's your typical day in NYC on the streets. I love it. And, I've decided I love shopping and the clothes I found. I'm an impulsive dress buyer. Where do I wear these dresses? Good question.

That's my life update. Get a snuggie, it will change your life.

No comments: