Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010.

It's been a decade since the year 2000. I find that pretty hard to believe. Just ten years ago, I was looking forward to graduating the 6th grade. It's now 2010, and I am graduating college in 4 short months.

Anyway, this isn't a bittersweet post about the past, but a toast to the future. Hopefully full of me being happy and hard-headed.

I had a really cozy/entertaining New Year's. I hope that's how the rest of my year will be. I hope I'll be able to enjoy life even more than I did last year. I hope big things will happen.

New Year's resolutions? None. I hate it, it's cliche and not realistic. Long term goals? Maybe I have some.
1) Try not to care about things so much. Stop thinking so hard. Maybe pick up a hobby that doesn't include NetFlix or Facebook.
2) Trying to NOT be a doormat and give much more than I receive. That's a guy's job. Thank you for enlightening me on this, Michael Buble.
3) While doing this, continue to stay loving/compassionate and find the perfect balance of caring, but just not too much.
4) Start looking into getting a job and becoming a grown-up. I don't like that idea.

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

resolutions are a good thing, so long as you work towards something.. give yourself time to change what you want to change.. it's a fresh start... or a hope to find them. i like em.