Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Delighted.

It tickles my fancy a lot when I find songs that have my name in them.
When I was little, my dad told me that for every little girl, a song gets made just for them with their names in it. My song was "Amy" by Pure Prairie League.

"Amy what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do..."

I used to imagine two guys babysitting me, singing and playing this on guitar...Asking me what I wanted to do because we were bored and I wanted to play. Oh, the mems. That song means a lot to me.


Here's some more...Like, if you're obsessed with me and want to listen to songs that involve my name. Right.......So this is why I put a description of each song. Take your pick.

"Amy's Song" by Switchfoot. I play this song when I want to feel like I can conquer the world.
"Amy's Song" by Joshua Radin. It's sad, it's complicated, it's me. I think this is my current favorite.
"Amie" by Damien Rice (even though it's misspelled, it counts). I always picture my best friend Kevin Klein, whom I haven't spoken to in years, sing this to me while we're at summer camp.
"Amy" by Ryan Adams. It's something I wish someone would sing to me.

No comments: