Friday, October 2, 2009

if i were a boy.....

Ha. The title of this is irrelevant (like a lot of my titles). I've just been listening to a lot of Beyonce lately. Don't hate. Usually not my type of music, but her music is pretty powerful. I'm actually perfectly content with being a girl though, minus the emotions part.

Nothing really new has been happening in my life. I'm just home for the second weekend in a row. My sister is coming home tomorrow and gracing me with her presence. Life is pretty stagnant right now. I need something interesting to do on the weekends. I really have nowhere to go most of the time now. It's really interesting...One lesson I learned this summer is I was ready to leave the nest (that being home); I was away for close to 4 months without ever stepping foot on Horseheads soil, and I was content. I didn't really miss too much about the place. I've now been here for 2 weekends in a row. Frankly, it's driving me crazy. My mom's house is a zoo. I don't really have many friends here. There's nothing to do except for Taco Bell and WalMart runs (and I realized the only thing I miss about WalMart is it's unbeatable prices, I would trade New York over WalMart any day).

In other news, I will most likely be in New York City next semester on the weekends. I was invited to do a preceptorship in maternal/newborn nursing at Lenox Hill (where I had my externship). I'm so excited that I have this opportunity. Let's cross our fingers that this all works out. I simply asked about if they offered preceptorship opportunities, and I got this e-mail.
"I discussed your request with the Nurse Managers in Maternal-Child Health and they said they would love to have you. Please complete everything in the attachments, so you can begin. Welcome back"

I am SO blessed to be offered that position so quickly. They welcomed me back with open arms, and I'm very grateful for it!

"Skeleton Song"
-Kate Nash

No comments: