Sunday, October 4, 2009

sidenote.

p.s. general conference was so wonderful, so necessary. what a great weekend to have it on. it reminds me that heavenly father knows me. He knows what I need, how I feel, what I need to hear. He knows what I'm going through and He wants to help me. He knows of the potential that I have in me and that sometimes, I just need to be reminded.


This is from a previous talk, not in this general conference...but i love it.
"First of all, I want you to be proud you are a woman. I want you to feel the reality of what that means, to know who you truly are. You are literally a spirit daughter of heavenly parents with a divine nature and an eternal destiny. That surpassing truth should be fixed deep in your soul and be fundamental to every decision you make as you grow into mature womanhood. There could never be a greater authentication of your dignity, your worth, your privileges, and your promise. Your Father in Heaven knows your name and knows your circumstance. He hears your prayers. He knows your hopes and dreams, including your fears and frustrations. And He knows what you can become through faith in Him. Because of this divine heritage you, along with all of your spiritual sisters and brothers, have full equality in His sight and are empowered through obedience to become a rightful heir in His eternal kingdom, an "[heir] of God, and joint-[heir] with Christ." Seek to comprehend the significance of these doctrines. Everything Christ taught He taught to women as well as men. Indeed, in the restored light of the gospel of Jesus Christ, a woman, including a young woman, occupies a majesty all her own in the divine design of the Creator. You are, as Elder James E. Talmage once phrased it, "a sanctified investiture which none shall dare profane."
Be a woman of Christ. Cherish your esteemed place in the sight of God. He needs you. This Church needs you. The world needs you. A woman's abiding trust in God and unfailing devotion to things of the Spirit have always been an anchor when the wind and the waves of life were fiercest. I say to you what the Prophet Joseph said more than 150 years ago: "If you live up to your privileges, the angels cannot be restrained from being your associates."


Song on my playlist today: "Daughter of a King "....Not sure who it's by.

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I think Daughter of a King is sung by Jenny Phillips. I adore her, i have her cds, i highly recommend them. Conference was excellent I do agree.