Sunday, October 18, 2009

NOTting Hill.

Lazy Sunday's are....Boring, but sometimes totally necessary.

I spent 2 hours of my Sunday watching "Notting Hill". I remember liking it when I was younger. I got 2 things out of the movie......1) Julia Roberts is beautiful. She is just stunning. and 2) love is a lot more complicated than a few conflicts in the story line, and then a resolution at the end. Like an oops, I messed up let's try this again, finish. No, it doesn't work like that unfortunately. And whoever says American girls rely on pop culture, especially film to teach them what dating is like and therefore we are all led astray, this is true. But it was a cute movie. And I realized where this famous line came from:

"Don't forget. I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy...asking him to love her."

Only a line Julia Roberts could pull off.


This was another ridiculous, useless post.

On another note, I love Skype and how I can watch TV with my best friend all the way out in Utah...We can scream, laugh and "ooooh" at how hot the guys are in the show, and we can see eachother while doing it. Haha.


2 comments:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I love notting hill too... everything you said was dead on.

Anonymous said...

Notting Hill is one of my favorite movies :)