Thursday, July 30, 2009

little amy, big city.

So...I'm officially finished with my stint as a student nurse intern at Lenox Hill. Never again will I set foot on an orthopedics floor unless it's to visit family members. Even that, I will be skeptical. Haha I had such a wonderful time learning, but MAN that floor was outta control. Orthopedics is not my field, but I did learn a lot and I'm so thankful for the opportunity I had to be apart of this program. My last day was insanely long. One of my patients who tried sneakily taking pictures of me on his camera phone, calling me his girlfriend, etc. Well, he's married and his "mistress" came in yesterday and I wanted to castrate him for doing something like that to his wife. His wife came in every single day to visit him for hours in the afternoon. And this man wanted to STAY at the hospital, it was his 16th day there for a HIP replacement (usually those go home in 3-4 days if nothing goes wrong..He's perfectly fine). I hate those people. Grr.

My best friend Lauren left yesterday. Cameron did too, but I don't care about that. I honestly am so sad she left; My summer would have been nothing without her. Heavenly Father blessed me with SUCH an amazing friend. I'll never forget when I left church early because I was so depressed about things. As soon as church was over, I got a phone call from Lauren. I didn't want to see ANYONE...She refused to let me say no to her coming over, so she bribed me with a huge Dr. Pepper. She comes over, I'm laying in my bed helpless looking and she goes, "Amy, We're going to sing a song to cheer you up. You're going to be my backup singer." She starts singing "The Titanic Song", a song I guess she sang at Girls' Camp back in the day (see lyrics here http://www.macscouter.com/Songs/Titanic.asp , you know you want to). Instantly, I felt so much better. She has such a way of brightening a room. She was my saving grace. I have a feeling we'll be always keeping in touch.
Lauren, LOVE YOU!!!

that's lauren before we went to see The Little Mermaid.

Next on the agenda, a cute little date I went on. I hung out with this guy who is super cute, and he took me to Washington Square Park at the end of the night. He was like, "let's go wading through the fountain!!" I said no because I didn't feel like getting arrested, and then he dragged me in. He got me soaking wet, but I had so much fun. The coolest part was that because we went in, we started a trend. Everyone started going in, people we didn't know saw us and were like, "let's do that too!!". It was cool to see everyone having fun because we had the guts to get in there. No one got in trouble. Then, me and him met homeless guys who were on drugs and hilarious. They just wanted to play us music. So we're sitting there waiting about a half hour for this guy to fix his strings, he came up to us and says "I just want to share with you two lovebirds some songs". He legit played like 4 songs for us, he was a terrible singer and pretty "impaired" but it was hilarious/cute. We were too nice to say no, and it was something I'll never forget so I'm glad we didn't.


Washington Square Park as we saw it at night. Beautiful.

So, I've decided I can't leave this City, so I'm staying until August 15th. Sorry to th0se at home who miss me, I have some things going on here that I would love to finish....Beaches I want to visit, cousins/grandmas I want to hang out and go to work with, boys I want to hang out with (wink wink), more time at the New York Public Library. I'll be home for a week before heading back to school. Sounds good to me.
Anyway, that's my life right now.

No comments: