Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fireworks over the Hudson.

First off, does anyone read this anymore?

I went into tonight not expecting much. I came out of it honestly, speechless.
Fourth of July. I rambled on about it last night, but nothing could compare to what this night was like for me.
My friend Lauren and I were just planning on sitting our butts on a sidewalk along with thousands of others, on 50th and 11th to be exact, and watch the fireworks in between two big buildings. Supposedly the U.S's biggest fireworks show, NYC has 5 simultaneous shows going on over the Hudson River, right next to one another. I don't know how to explain it right, but basically the same exact fireworks are shot off all next to each other at the same time, making it multiple shows (easy viewing for the masses to watch).
However, we ended up watching the fireworks on the roof of the MTV Studios building. Don't ask how, but we have a friend who works for CBS Radio, who knows the security guard of the building. We handed over our licenses, and the guard let us go to the roof to watch the show. The coolest part was the fact that we saw multiple shows at once. Across the way, we saw New Jersey's show going on at the same time. Seriously, words can't describe the view we got from the top of that building. There were only about 6 of us. I almost cried, over fireworks.
It's just so beautiful.
Afterwards, I got to tour a radio station. 92.3 NOW, which our friend works for. It was really cool. I got to watch how a radio station runs I don't think I'd ever be able to do radio. I got some free peanutbars too. Woohoo.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

So cool. The fireworks in DC probably aren't as great (although they were pretty good this year), but we do get to watch them break over the Washington Monument.

Kim said...

wow that must be really awesome to watch fireworks in a big cit :)