Saturday, June 27, 2009

slacker.

I'm sorry I haven't written here in a while. I've been busy, I haven't had the best of weeks, but I'm alive and here in a great City and that's all that matters.
Work last week ended yesterday on kind of a bad note with my preceptor. I'm not trying to sound racist in any way, but she's from a foreign country and the ways she says some things to me are very offensive. Basically, I feel like I'm doing very well and she tells me I am not doing a good job because I'm yawning while I'm in the hallways. At 8am, yeah I'll be yawning. Never in front of a patient, though. That doesn't mean I'm not taking things seriously. At the hospital, the case managers do "discharge phone calls" and three patients have mentioned my name saying they received exceptional care from me. I'm very proud of that and her words kind of discouraged me.
Anyway, other things are kind of going confusing. I was homesick for the first time in a while...As I was on the verge of tears, I ran into 5 of my friends from home. What are the odds in this big city? The Lord reminds us we are not alone in funny ways. My sister is coming on Friday though! With Kevin..I can't wait.
I saw Transformers iMax style. It was a little lame. But I do love Meghan Fox and sort of have a girl crush on her.
I got a Nikon digital camera...It's beautiful. Ruby red : )
I went to my first Mormon Dance Party tonight. It was funny walking into this crowded, hot sweaty apartment and no alcohol was there. Meaning, I liked it a million times more than any Penn State Party. We had lots of fun. I wish I could stay here forever with these friends I've made.

No comments: