Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm Alive!

I miss writing about my life here!
But, life has been so exhausting. I worked three 12-hour shifts this past week Monday-Wednesday. Remind me to never do that again. Three days in a row is absolutely brutal. But, I love it. I wouldn't ideally choose orthopedics as a floor to work on, but I think the main reason I do nursing is because I love my patients so much. I genuinely care about each one of them.
Yesterday, an old man tracked me down so he could say goodbye when he was discharged and planted a big kiss on my cheek while he was in his wheelchair to thank me for everything. That's what I love. I love it when patients can see that I'm doing this for them and not for my own self-satisfaction or for money.
Anyway, I've been kind of sick the past few days and it's cold here in the City which is a bummer. I've walked the Brooklyn Bridge more than I can count in the past couple of weeks but honestly, wouldn't that be the coolest place ever to be proposed to?! Ah. I have met so many cool people here.
Today, me and my friend Lauren are going to the Bodies Exhibition at the Seaport...Actual human body cadavers on display for learning/museum purposes. AKA my dream come true. It's SO rainy here today. On my day off, how ironic.
I really don't think I'll ever want to leave here. I am (as Cam would say) "living THE life". So many cool things, so little time.

No comments: