Thursday, June 4, 2009

hey girl.

So I haven't written since Sunday night. That officially makes me a slacker. But I've never been busier/happier.
Right now I'm hiding from the elevator workers outside of my door. They both hit on me separately. I want to puke.
Basically, life has been good. Monday night I went to an amazing Thai restaurant with Lauren just down the street from me cleverly titled "Yum Yum". However, it is not as clever as the Chinese place uptown deemed "China Fun". Where do they come up with these names?
Tuesday, I spent about 4 1/2 hours waiting for a physical exam at Lenox Hill. That was nonsense. Hopefully I'll be cleared. I found out I am not colorblind, and they taught me how to put on a mask as if I didn't know already. That sounds ridiculous for me to complain, but whatever. 4 hours for a physical? This better not be a foreshadowing of me being miserable at my externship. I also found out I am going to be placed on a medical-surgical floor. I hate med-surg. I wanted critical care. Bummer.
So last night me and Lauren watched a movie and found this AMAZING place down the street from me that sells 99cent slices of pizza. And it was delicious. I am happy at my cheap finds. However, I just dropped off 19 pounds of laundry at a wash&fold...costed me $18.00. Apparently wash and folds are the only way to do laundry around here, and it's right across the street so it's way more convenient than searching for a laundromat. The man was so nice.

No comments: