Monday, June 22, 2009

all grown up.

Here I am, it's Monday. I have to go to work tomorrow, and I realized that on Wednesday or Thursday I will be getting my first official paycheck. It will be glorious. So today I decide to celebrate a little bit early and splurge. I didn't buy too much, but I did realize that in New York, it's so easy to be short on money. New York = The most materialistic capital of the nation. Whether it's food or clothing, pick your vice and you have it within at least a half of a block from where you live. I have yet to go grocery shopping. I live in Hell's Kitchen (which should be called Heaven's Kitchen, it's an infinite abyss of restaurants), and 9th avenue is my playground in which I find ALL sorts of decadent food to try. I love the city.
Yesterday was Sunday, father's day. My good friend Neal gave a wonderful talk on walking in the ways of our Father (in Heaven). He talked about how our fathers on earth may come from different backgrounds, may have made many mistakes, but it is our obligation to love them unconditionally because that's a covenant we made with our Heavenly Father. Even though my dad chose a different path, I still have to follow my Father in Heaven to receive eternal life, but that doesn't mean I can't respect my dad's choices. It was calming and reassuring to hear this message, but at the same time I was conflicted. My dad has hurt me so many times. But in the end, I still have to Love him. And I'll try my best to. Thanks Neal for your words that meant so much to me.

So, I've visited Serendipity's (it's famous for its' icecream and it was in the movie Serendipity)...It was delish.

That's me and Cameron before eating our humungous Sundae. Yummy.


Me and my friend Lauren at the Bodies Exhibition....I LOVED IT!!!

No comments: