Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tres Quatro Cinco.



Day 3:  Things That Make You Uncomfortable.

Since I was a little kid, the number one thing that makes me uncomfortable:
Someone embarrassing themselves in public.
(maybe because I've been there, done that)
It gives me anxiety.
It makes me want to hug them and take them out of that situation.


Other random things:
Girls with barely any clothes on.
Awkward guys, especially on dates when there are significant pauses in conversation.
Belly buttons.  Just, no.
Long toe nails.

Day 4:  Your favorite quote.
I've already shared my favorite quote of all time a few days back, so I'll do something a little different.  These are my favorite two quotes from 'A Tree Grows in Brooklyn'.


"Oh, magic hour, when a child first knows she can read printed words!"


"From that time on, the world was hers for the reading. She would never be lonely again, never miss the lack of intimate friends. Books became her friends and there was one for every mood."



I remember the first time I learned how to read printed words.  In fact, I remember back to longing to be able to, especially when driving in the car on long car rides and staring at signs.  When I first learned I could read by myself, I was so in love and so intrigued by any and every kind of book - Even children's encyclopedias.


The first book I read on my own:  "Amelia Bedelia".  When I googled the book just now, this came up and I laughed a little too hard.




Day 5:  Public profession of love for another blogger friend.
I'm not a fan of "blogland" or whatever people call it these days.
I just like to write things down.
And crazy, but I think I profess publicly the love of my friends (including my family; I'm lucky to call my family my friends too) here quite often.
So if you really want to know, scroll it.
Special mentions:  My sister Ali, my brother Matt, Nichole, Steph, Roni, Marissa - You're all in this blog somewhere, but where you always are is in my heart.  So cheesy, I know, but so is publicly professing love.








No comments: