Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happiness is...

Day 14:  10 Things That Make Me Happy.
In no random order.

1) Weekend brunch with friends, when I can.  I've loved bottomless (not what you're thinking) weekend brunch ever since I lived in New York City.  Although in Salt Lake it's not nearly as comparable, I still think it's a lovely time to catch up with girlfriends.

2) Books.  Getting lost in books.  I just can't even describe it; I went through two in the past 48 hours that I've had off.  Although they were light reads (300 pages each) I just love exercising my imagination.

3) Nick and Jess in New Girl...I am not the biggest fan of TV, but I do love them as a couple (give me a break, the season finale was just on and I may or may not still be teary-eyed from it.  Ugh).

4) My job.  Although it's a job and I dread going sometimes, I leave feeling so happy and thankful that I can be a part of these kiddos' lives.  Walking in on a bald little 9 year old boy dancing to the Spongebob theme song in his PJs just makes me smile so much.  I may or may not have danced along with him.

5) Spotify Premium.  I'll admit it, I pay monthly but it's been so worth it.

6) My bed.  I can't seem to get myself out of it 99% of the time I wake up in it.

7) Homes in Sugarhouse.  Recently I went on a late night stroll through those neighborhoods and I wanted to impulsively buy the majority of them.  I really want to own a home, by the way.

8) Which brings me to this, dogs makes me happy...Especially Taz, especially Vizslas in general.  I can't wait to have a backyard, because that is when I will raise a dog (hopefully a Vizsla).

9)  Being independent.  Knowing I don't need anyone to rely on.  That's an accomplishment of mine.

10)  Learning.  Forever learning.  I need to go back to school ASAP!!



No comments: