Saturday, December 29, 2012

Wish List, Check.

It's hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit.
I think missing the past few Christmases have something to do with it.
I also strongly believe that when I was 16 working at a coffee shop during the Holidays and listening to Christmas music 24/7, it was ruined it too.
I strongly dislike Christmas music.  And Christmas shopping.  I like giving gifts, but I hate the holiday mall madness that goes on. 

Anyway, all negativity aside, I just wanted to say that on Christmas Eve and Christmas day I burst into tears of happiness quite a few times.  I don't know if it was estrogen, but I do know I was happy and am very happy.  Family is so important to me, and to be able to be surrounded by them, especially with a new little member of the family, was just amazing.  I mostly would start crying when Audrey was smiling and laughing and dancing in her bouncer.  My family thought I was crazy, I think.


I LOVE HER FACE!!!

I got everything I could have ever wanted and more this Christmas.  Really, presents meant absolutely nothing this year and I would have been happy to be present-less.

My Christmas Wish List was:
1.  To be able to spend the Holidays with my family (and Taz).  My Dad invited my Mom and her boyfriend over for the day and evening, so really, I got to spend the first Christmas with my entire family since my parents got divorced.  As my grandma said "Did you ever think you'd see the day?!"



Taz and I's sleepovers.

Oh and obviously to be with Audrey!!!  I have the most adorable niece ever.
1a) To be able to see my BFFs and second family (the Pattersons) for Christmas.  Mission accomplished.  We had a blast.
This is my Second Mom, Nichole of course, and me.  At a fam party.


So many laughs that night!!

These are 2 of my absolute best friends forever, Marissa and Stephanie.

2. To be happy and giddy again!  And to move past everything that last year's events brought me.  And guess what?!  I'm happy and giddy again!  And ready to get rid of a lot of stuff here at home that I had been keeping.  

This may be one of the reasons I'm smiley all the time.

3. To get a job.  Santa did so good on this one, you guys.  I got my dream job, hello!!!  Santa also left a few unnecessary goodies under the tree for me relating to this dream job: A little bitty stethoscope and some sweet little scrubs.  I cried when I opened those.

4.  Now I'm finally starting to call Utah my home.  I already have some sweet friends, roommates, a bestie, and now a super sweet guy.  I really, really miss my friends, guy, and bed.




And that, ladies and gentleman is the reason I'm blogging from New York right now as opposed to Utah.  My flight was cancelled and I'm snowed in!  Eek.

No comments: