Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Stuff.

Happy New Year!
Can't believe it's 2013.  Weird.

My Facebook Newsfeed has been full of people calling 2013 a New Beginning.  I feel like every year I see that.  But after thinking about it, it's true.  If a New Year is the mark of a new beginning for you, go for it.  Be the person you want to be and do the things you want to do.  I think I'll do the same.

Most people who know me well know that last year was probably one of my worst.

I was engaged to start out the New Year. 
I was planning a wedding.
My dreams got ruined and I suddenly was not anymore.
Cancelled engagement; I was crushed.
Quit my job of 6 months.
From April-June, sat in Utah enjoying time with friends and realizing that life isn't so bad.

Moved back home in June.  Had a lovely summer vacation at home to basically heal myself.  
Went on my dad's new boat a lot and just appreciated the beauty of Upstate New York.
Decided it was time to move back to Utah at the end of August.  Hardest decision ever.
But it was probably the best decision ever.
Moved into an apartment with two lovely new friends and roommates.
10/11/12, my niece Audrey Jane was born.
Most beautiful and happy baby on earth.
November, I got to visit my good friend Kari in Colorado and spend Thanksgiving with her family.
The End of the World didn't happen.  In fact, it worked in my favor.  I had a cute guy in Utah waiting for me.
I got my dream job: Working with kids with cancer.
I finally got to spend Christmas with my family after 3 years of not being able to.
I spent the New Year with Matthew and his family laughing, probably the whole time.

Do you see the progression there?
It just keeps getting better and better.
Yay!

Here's to 2013: A new beginning!


1 comment:

StaceyFacex said...

That is such a good post! I'm glad things are looking up, the first half of your year sounded really hard. I've nominated you for a Liebster award.. Check it out :)http://improvisedintentions.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award.html xx