Monday, March 14, 2011

Heart of Life.

This is my New York.
This is the New York I see everyday.

Honestly, I love whoever captured this.
Funny enough, it was a tourist. But they saw New York how it really is.
I swear they saw it through my eyes...Maybe because they were people-watching, but still.

I'm sick of the bright lights, sky scrapers, Times Square...
But what I'm not sick of is watching all the different types of people that live here.
Seeing people sleeping on the subways.
Commutes to work...As much as I hate being sandwiched between people I don't know, each person has their story.
Curiosity...Sometimes, I walk around and just imagine what lives these people are living. The people I live in such close proximity with.

Such interesting people...Such an eclectic population, in such a small radius. "The most populous City in the United States"....8.4 million people, each with so many stories to tell.


I get to meet so many great people working in a hospital. I learn something from every single one of them. I love to talk to my patients. So many wonderful stories, so much wisdom (the one benefit of working with an older population). That I am definitely grateful for.

Anyway, just decided I'd share something positive. Honestly, I had been trying to write a blog for the past 3 days...I deleted every unfinished entry because it wasn't worth reading. I think this one was.

1 comment:

Killer Controllers said...

Hello! I found your blog searching for my video on Google. Thanks for the kind comments. I was visiting my wife in Philly who took me to some great places around NY including Luke's Lobster. I wish I took some video there too. Awesome lobster sandwiches! Thanks also for posting the video!