Saturday, March 5, 2011

Guilty.

So, most people who know me know that I have ONE guilty pleasure (okay, maybe more....but one BIG one).
Lady Gaga.

I so feel like I jumped on the bandwagon with this one, but last year I just couldn't help it. I got 8th row tickets to see her show at Radio City Music Hall and I loved every single minute of it. You can hate, but that girl can perform. As evidenced by a video I've posted probably a few times of her singing/playing piano pre-stardom at an NYU talent show as "Stefani Germanotta".
Pretty cool fact--Lady Gaga was born at the hospital I work in. I've actually worked with her pediatrician. So in the 6 degrees of separation of LG...I'm only 2 degrees away. Is it sad that I've thought of this before?
"Born in New York, in Lenox Hill of '86/Cheered for the Yankees with my dad in Section 6."
That's the shout out in her acoustic version of "Poker Face".



I'm deliriously tired and decided that I'd share with you a dream I've been having recently....
I get off the subway right in front of the hospital, and I see a line of paparazzi with Lady Gaga walking through. Every night after her concerts, she comes to the hospital to rejuvenate and because "her knees hurt". Somehow, I am always her nurse. In these dreams, I'm always freaking out because I get absolutely nothing done. Probably because I'm spending my time pretending I'm best friends with/the private nurse of Lady Gaga. Totally normal.
Maybe I'll send her my application....Nursing job opportunities are pretty slim nowadays, people have a hard time believing that.

It's 10am...I think it's bedtime.

No comments: