Sunday, January 17, 2010

alive with love.

Posting twice in one day can be absurd...
But, I have found one of my favorite love songs.
It's called. "Alive With the Glory of Love" by Say Anything.
Warning: This song has a couple of offensive lines in it. But overall, it is such a beautiful song. It's upbeat, and the words are powerful.

"Should they catch us,
and dispatch us to those separate work camps,
I'll dream about you. I will not doubt you with the passing of time….Oh, yeah.
Should they kill me,
your love will fill me as warm as the bullets, yeah.
I'll know my purpose. this war was worth this.
I won't let you down. No I won't
No, I won't let them take you"

This song a love story set in the Holocaust. Two lovers, hiding together, essentially waiting to be found by 'them' and separated. Knowing that it's inevitable, but making the most of the time they have to be together and knowing that they'll forever be in love.

A story that always gets to me is Anne Frank's. Obviously...Since I'm a huge history bluff. I can't help but think about Anne Frank and her "one true love" Peter Schiff. Peter and Anne were three years apart; Peter was older. Before going into hiding, Anne said they were inseparable. She once referred to the Peter van Pels she was in hiding with as a "surrogate" for Peter Schiff. Peter ended up in the same prison that Anne ended up in, but was transported before she got there. He died in Auschwitz.

She wrote about a dream she had about him.....
‘At that point I woke up, still feeling his cheek against mine and his brown eyes staring deep into my heart, so deep that he could read how much I’d loved him and how much I still do.’ The dream gives Anne strength: ‘And now Peter, my dearest Peter. I’ve never had such a clear mental image of him. I don’t need a photograph, I can see him oh so well.’

No comments: