Sunday, January 17, 2010

serendipity.

When I was in first grade, I was a nerd. I still am, so nothing has changed. I read a story in my advanced reading group about the word "serendipity". It became my favorite word ever.

SERENDIPITY: –noun
an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.

Back then, I always lost my teddy. So I always pictured myself looking through my toys just waiting to find something to play with, and then finding my teddy. A pleasant little surprise. I wish serendipitous things happened to me more often.
There is an icecream place in New York City called "Serendipity"....The movie Serendipity kind of 'features' it. Their frozen hot chocolate is amazing. I would like some right now, please.

Today I was watching Dexter....One of my new favorite shows. Anyway, he stated a quote that means a lot to me right now...

"...but sometimes you just have to take a risk.....after all, isn't that what relationships are all about?" -Dexter

No comments: