Monday, January 11, 2010

escapism.

Where do you go when you need to escape?

Whether it's physically or just in your mind...We all feel the need to escape sometimes.
Some funny examples....I recently read an article on CNN where people were obsessed with Avatar to the point of being suicidal. They want to live in the virtually created world of Avatar so badly that they just want to kill themselves so they can find this world. Extreme example, I know. On a similar note (kind of) I once met a guy who was afraid of fiction novels. I was shocked, because fiction novels can be my way to escape sometimes. I asked him why, and he told me he was afraid he would be obsessed with escaping to a world of fiction characters. He was afraid to become trapped in a book.
Today was a hard day, kind of. Where would I love to be teleported to if I could at this time? I hate sounding cliche, but I would love to be at the beach. Just me and the sun. Aruba. Usually I have the fantasy of magically ending up on the island from the TV show Lost, but right now the idea seems to stressful. The smoke monster and the Others coming after me just doesn't seem appealing. I just want to be by myself without a worry in the world for a while. I want to be blocked from thinking.
Whether it's escaping to a friend's house, family, a book, or a beach, I hope you all have a "safe haven".

I'm reading a book called "Belong to Me" (thanks Shay) and they brought up this subject shortly. They drop the song "Carolina in My Mind" by James Taylor.
In my mind I'm goin' to Carolina Can't you see the sunshine Can't you just feel the moonshine Maybe just like a friend of mine It hit me from behind Yes I'm goin' to Carolina in my mind


P.S.
I've decided I need to get a new look. I think I'm going to straighten my hair more often. I want to be a rebel.
I call this webshot: Emo Girl needs some sunshine.

No comments: