Friday, September 11, 2009

So Long, Sweet Aussie.


Insert saddest face possible here.

I have crazy curly hair, and it's pretty hard to manage. My senior year of highschool, I found Aussie Sprunch Spray. For the most part, it solved all my problems....It was the perfect hair spray for me and I never left home without it. I've been using it since 2005....
Until now.
At the end of August I went to get a new bottle, and I realized the bottle design changed. I'm not gonna lie, the pink looked good. Then I sprayed and noted the change of smell. I wasn't a fan of the grape-y smell, and it smelled a little different now...I couldn't decide which I liked better. I was a little skeptical, but figured that Aussie would never let me down. It did.
I went to Utah last week, and possibly had some of the worst hair days ever (funny how on days that matter, aka meeting Randy's family, I have bad hair days). My hair was dry, sticky, greasy feeling, frizzy. I couldn't figure it out. I thought maybe it was because I was using new gel. I thought maybe it was the "Utah Air". I thought maybe it's because I have the worst luck ever. Never in a million years did I think it would have been the Sprunch Spray. Until today.
Whilst getting ready for the day, I realized a soon as I sprayed the hairspray my hair became greasy. Ding, ding. So I looked online, and figured out I'm not the only one! Aussie has changed its' formula, and it has certainly changed for the worst. You bet I called the 1-800 number to complain. I don't even know what to do anymore...That stuff was what held my hair together. I hate trying new brands. WHY?!
On viewpoints.com, I found this angry customer's reaction to the change in formula...There are many others on there, but this one just takes the cake.

"I was so pissed when they changed it! I cannot believe they would do this to us ....WHAT DO WE DO NOW!!!!!!!!!! All of us must be walkin around totally hopeless, with ugly hair. I feel like I got a big zit on my face and I am avoiding everyone! I want MY PURPLE SWEET LOVE IN A BOTTLE BACK. I am officially terrified of doing my hair now. If i see a kangaroo i will flip, totally freakin flip, not that I see them in Pittsburgh, but I will.... I will...."



Yes, I want my purple sweet love in a bottle back, too. Classic.

1 comment:

Zaneta said...

I have hair like yours and when I moved to San Diego, I finally found something fantastic. It's styling gel by Paul Mitchel. At first I didn't like it cause it's runny-think shampoo not gel. But I love it. It holds my curls with out making them stiff and crunchy, but I also love the full bodied curls, if you like yours more defined, just use a little more gel. The bottle lasts forever too. PLEASE give it a try, i swear you'll love it. By the way, you won't like it the first week or so, I swear it's like chemistry or baking. You have to get the measurements just right to your hair. Be liberal with it.