Wednesday, May 30, 2012

One Hard Decision.

It's official.
I'm leaving Sunday for the East Coast, indefinitely.  

It was such a battle to even make this decision.  I think I went back and forth about it a million times...
This might be the most difficult decision I have ever made. 
But I need to go home because I need to figure out where to go from here.  I need family, I need support, I need to find peace.
I cried while I was booking my plane ticket.  I'm crying as I type this.
My heart wants to stay here so bad...I've grown so much to love my roommates, and I thought I was going to spend a few years here....
I had big plans.  I was exactly where I wanted to be.

I thought I had my whole freaking life planned out here and now it's a huge question mark.
Life happens, I guess.  But wow, it is hard.

Call it a quarter-life crisis.... In this case pre-quarter life, since I'm 24.  
(I don't even like saying quarter-life because that means I'll live til I'm 100 and I don't want that, no thank you).


"And I struggle to get myself up again...." - My forever-beloved Something Corporate

I usually try not to be sad on this blog, but today is a sad day.
New York, family that I love, I'll be seeing you soon.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I'm sorry you're so sad to move back home! But I'm glad you found my blog and now I can read yours because I love it! If it helps, I live in Ohio...maybe we could meet up someday :)

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

oh amy! i'm new around here and don't know much about your story. i'd love to hear it if you so desire to vent (i'm a good listener), and my name is amy too, so basically we're supposed to be friends.

Alissa said...

I'm already stalking you. Like two seconds after you stalked me. I like our friendship already!

I live between Albany and Saratoga Springs. Where are you from? I love finding East Coast (esp Northeast) bloggers - we're rare!