Monday, May 28, 2012

Concerts and Memorial Day.

First off, Happy Memorial Day.  

Did you know that Memorial Day is a day specifically for those lost in war?  Because I think the majority don't...Some think it's for each human being or family member dying, which you know what, it's nice to remember everyone lost so I'll let that one slide.  Some people think it's for veterans (that has it's own holiday, duh)...But to those who put down people on facebook for giving a shout out to the veterans:  Those men and women watched firsthand their fellow military members for whom this holiday is for.  So cheers to them as well.

So maybe we should just combine Veteran's Day and Memorial Day altogether and just make it less confusing for everyone involved.  I would start a petition, but I'm too lazy.  

And hello, Wikipedia exists so we can all learn about Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, Dinosaurs, Supraventricular Tachycardia and not to mention the nationality of the band "Of Monsters and Men"....Shout out to Wikipedia.  
Don't you love my rants?


Okay, so that was a really positive start.  


Speaking of 'Of Monsters and Men'....I went to their concert last night with my roommates Cassie and Megan.  You probably don't know who 'Of Monsters and Men' are...But then you'll listen to this song and remember hearing it on the radio.

This band is from Iceland (I learned this on Wikipedia) so they have cute accents.  For some reason, I was assuming a dynamic duo. No..This band is a 7-piece circus.  I'm not even joking.... The pianist played the accordion, the trumpet, then the other pianist played the bongo, then the drummer ran and switched places to play the guitar and tambourine...It was like a three ring circus.  It was pretty awesome though, I'll admit.  Impressive and exhausting-looking is probably a better explanation.

However, going to two concerts in three days (not to mention following my favorite band of all time) was quite disappointing....The Venue was packed, we ended up on the balcony, and the tallest people were standing in front of us.  Definitely not the intimate experience I had with the loves of my life, The Civil Wars.  

This is me and Megan trying to watch the show crouched down peering through the balcony railings.  I was taking pictures in between this guys legs, trying to be very discreet about it.  Megan is probably 5'1 (sorry if I'm wrong), and I'm 5'2 and 3/4.  Yep, I added the 3/4.  



Catch ya on the flip side.

1 comment:

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

my sister has tachychardia. thanks for bringing it up. thanks.

alright, i can't keep that up. it's too ridiculous. i loved your rant!