Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween and Sister.

Happy Halloween y'all!


I have probably shared above picture about a million times on this blog (for a million different reasons) but it's halloween, it's classic, and it's my sister's birthday.  She's 23.  
That means she's getting old...And so am I.

In honor of this holiday, I am home in my pajamas.  I found out via email that Ann Taylor Loft is having a 40% off everything flash sale and since it's within walking distance of my condo (seriously, what a curse/blessing/flashback to New York City living), I had to go get myself some treats.  After that was done, I realized I didn't have any Halloween candy..And we have some super cute kids that live above us so I felt obliged to be prepared.
I stumbled across my favorite fall candy EVER, caramel apple lollipops.
  I bought two jumbo packages.
No one has shown up and it's been 2 hours.
That means that they're all mine.  Yum yum yum.
I was thinking about maybe bringing some upstairs to my neighbors, but that's considered kind of creepy these days I think.


Speaking of creepy....


This is me circa 1999.  One of my old good friends put this up on facebook and I almost died laughing.  At that time, I thought I was a beautiful, stylish Britney Spears from her video "Hit Me Baby One More Time" -  Not even close Amy, not even close.  So awkward, but so classic.
I showed this to Leard last night and he did a triple take and said something to the extent of...
"That was you?!  You've changed a lot."
Yep.


 Next on the agenda,
My sister.  Alison, Ali Cat, Ali Kitten, ButterAliCat, Alan....
She is 23 as of 12:00pm today.  On Halloween.
I was 2 1/2 years old when she made her appearance into the world.
There is video footage somewhere of me, the only child, being asked if I wanted a brother or a sister.  To which I responded "No, can I have a dog?"
But instead, I lucked out with a sister.

 It's been approximately 4 years since our last physical fight (I ended up with a big scratch on my face, she ended up with milk on her Macbook and hair pulled out).  
Now, we love each other.  We always have, but still.
Now, she's a mom and I'm an Aunt.  Weird.




I love us Madden girls.  
Ali, you are beautiful.
Love you so much.
I'm proud of you.  And I am lucky you are my little sister FOREVA.

No comments: