Wednesday, October 16, 2013

She Cooks, Cleans & Listens to Podcasts.

For my twenty-fifth year on this earth,
I think I've finally come into touch with my feminine instincts.
Like cooking and cleaning, for instance.

Weird, but I never really had this domesticated urge until this past year.

I guess last year it started rearing its' head (albeit slowly) with me trying to copy my mom's recipes.
Now I'm making my own, and loving them.

It has to be said here that my mom is a lovely cook -
She has since semi-retired, but still has her token recipes
(among them, Dutch meatballs, the token of all tokens).

This woman that I call 'mom' fed me all of my baby food seasoned with garlic salt.
And she added garlic/garlic salt to anything that you could imagine.
I loved it.
I love garlic....And I will always make that a staple in my cooking.

Did I mention that I find it more peaceful if I'm listening to a podcast?
I pretend like I am a 1940's housewife listening to the AM radio....
Except I'm learning about way cool things.
A couple of my favorites are "This American Life" with Ira Glass, "RadioLab" and "Stuff to Blow Your Mind".
Do you listen to Podcasts, or am I the only one?

No comments: