Tuesday, October 29, 2013

First thing's First, Second Thing's Second, Etc.

I'm going to talk about a few things tonight-

One being that I miss my family.
That is a given.
I miss them every day and I wish, hope and pray that they will come to see me soon.
I've been in Utah for over 2 years with not one visit!

Second is my new cooking hobby-
I love it!
I have  been cooking a lot of different dishes that would have otherwise been out of my comfort zone... And they are turning out delightful.
If only everyone in the world had a Tuesday night off, then I could cook for all of my loved ones.
That's another thing about cooking - It kind of makes me lonely sometimes.  Because when I am super happy and proud of a dish I made, it's hard to find someone to enjoy it with me.
(plus, I need a dining room table, or any kind of table and chairs to host a meal.)

Third is my job. 
My job can be hard sometimes,
and compassion fatigue is real.
Although it's hard to explain to people with regular jobs who feel fatigue every day,
as a pediatric oncology nurse it's a little different.
I remember telling someone in September that I needed a mental health day.
They laughed.
But really, it's necessary sometimes!
This job can be so rewarding, so amazing, but so draining at the same time.
Especially the hours.  Those kill me...And my social life.


But right now, overall I am happy.


And this is the song that is always in my head.

No comments: