Thursday, June 14, 2012

Gorges.

(No, I didn't spell gorges wrong)

First thing's first: My car/baby finally, finally arrived!!  Praise the car transport Gods.  Actually, I'd rather not because they suck.  I had a panic attack thinking my car was missing on Monday, since it was supposed to arrive on Friday and I couldn't get ahold of them.  All that matters is my lovely Honda Accord made it's voyage to New York, still has it's Utah license plates and is getting awkward looks from everywhere.

So, this is where I'm from.  Well, this is 20 miles away...But still.  How beautiful is this?  Come visit Watkins Glen gorges, you won't be disappointed.  I was so surprised at how many tourists were there when I visited yesterday.  It was a gorgeous day, I climbed about a million stairs, and it was totally worth it.  Except I really wanted to jump in the water after all those stairs.   




And, below is about 40-ish miles from where I live.  The wineries, vineyards, Seneca Lake, Geneva.  My dad had Tuesday off.  It was a rainy day, but it was still just as gorgeous as ever.  And we went shopping at the Geneva outlets.  I saved $100 at the J. Crew factory outlet (compared to the real store).  I pretended I was still a college student so I'd get an extra 15%, too.  Oh and I accidentally ended up in the Coach outlet.  I only spent $40 for a sweet wallet.  

Tip of the day: You always gotta keep that college ID on hand...You never know when it will come in handy.  Don't be afraid to lie that you're still a student.  After all, the majority of us are in debt with student loans, right?



This was taken at Wagner Vineyards.  Oh, and that's my dad in the above picture.  I know, we look nothing alike right?



Okay, off to lunch with my brother.  Who is now a senior in high school....How did this happen.

5 comments:

Melanie@MailboxJourney said...

Great pictures!

TC said...

Ohhh! I need a trip to a vineyard. How gorgeous is that? Plus, free wine. Could it get any better?

Holly said...

I've never been to a real vineyard, totally want to go someday!

And I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your comments on my blog, your e-mail isn't set up for me to respond to it :( But I love reading your comments so thank you! And if you need help setting up the e-mail just let me know.

So cool you lived in Hershey, I'm excited to go! And the Duct Tape festival is like a little carnival with food and rides and lots of stuff made out of Duct Tape :)

Larissa @ Living in Color | A Lifestyle Blog said...

Hello! I just came across your blog! I’ve decided to follow your blog! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
xo, elle from Living in Color.

ThePixie said...

That is beautiful! Waterfalls are so dreamy