Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What happens in Idaho, stays in Idaho...?

Last week, I was an Idaho virgin...This week, I'm a seasoned Idaho veteran --As in, one visit was enough for me.
But can I just say, it was one super fun girls' weekend that I so badly needed!!

I don't think I've had a girls' weekend in forever.  And especially never with Utah girls. Oh, and in Idaho.  My roommates (plus Sontara and baby Nat) are too much fun for me to handle, and I love them all.  And I will miss them so much!!  Eek am I ever leaving Utah?

These are my freaking adorable roommates.  Why have I never posted a picture of them here before?  From left to right:  Megan, Sherra, Yours truly, and Natalie.  P.S. this picture was taken at The Tavernacle, only the coolest dueling piano bar I have ever been to.  I had so much fun.  Thank you, roommates for taking me out for my birthday --- LOVEyou!


Anyway...Maybe I should add that we went to Lava Hot Springs, natural hot springs right in Idaho (apparently an ancient volcano rests there), possibly one of the lamest states ever (sorry I'm not sorry).  I've heard these are "natural hot tubs"....But um, they were so much hotter than a hot tub.  And I'm surprised I was not scalded to death.  



Our first night out.  I'm so glad these girls forced me to go to Idaho.

Yes, that is Sherra passed out on the floor.  This became a recurring theme.  And "baby" Nat fell asleep in between Sontara and Megan.

I just thought this was so adorable.  Little butterflies on the ceiling!

I had to add this little random thing in here.  Really?  This was one of the first decorations I observed upon walking into the Yellow Submarine (our 'bunkhouse' name in Idaho, we did not make this up).

These girls woke me up at 7:30am with the most hilarious conversations ever.  If you know me, you know I do NOT wake up at 7:30am...more like anywhere between 12 and 2 pm.  I checked my watch in the afternoon thinking it was about 5pm....It was 1:30pm.  Oh, how I waste my days sleeping most of the time.  Thanks guys, for waking me up at a normal-person hour...But no thanks since we went to bed at 2:30am that night/morning.


See, I told you I wasn't making up the name "The Yellow Submarine".  It was the cutest, smallest little house ever.


Saturday afternoon: Sherra and Sontara thought that it was later than it really was too!! Hence, Sherra falling asleep at the pizza place. 


Natalie sandwich.  As you can see, the only 'getting ready' I did was put on red lipstick.  Lava Hot Springs was not a place where you dress to impress.

Saturday night, we wrote poems in the guestbook journal.  


And the Saturday night bonfire that took about an hour and a half to light.  You have no idea what these two went through to light this.....And then we found lighter fluid. Oops.



Well, that was my trip to Idaho in a nutshell :) SEEYA

No comments: