Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nevada R&R (Ranch and Relaxation).

I'm a little behind on posting my adventures these past couple of weeks...
But I've had so much fun!  I'll start with Nevada and end with Idaho - Yes, that all happened in the span of a week.

A few weeks ago, my Aunt, mom and I decided that a visit to my Aunt's ranch in Nevada for some R&R was totally necessary considering these rocky past few months.  We were correct.  It was so lovely that I decided to stay an extra night.  
I spent the week helping my Aunt babysit these two cuties:

Avery, my cousin Ryan and his wife Alisa's babe. She just turned 2, woohoo!

Grant, my cousin Roby and his wife Amanda's big boy.  He is already three!


We spent most of the time chasing after the kids, who always seemed to run in opposite directions...Good thing there were two of us.

We went on a couple of hikes.  My Aunt Maggie was such a trooper carting these kids around.  They had it made if you ask me.


This is the view from the ranch.  Beautiful.

We spent a lot of time trying out the tractors, fork lifts (Grant taught me what all of the specific machines were called) and "John Beers" -- Grant's words, not mine; these are known by most as John Deeres. These are kids that have "brewery" in their vocabulary already! (My Aunt and Uncle own a brewery, don't worry, no drinking young ones).

This picture is hilarious.  It was so windy, it looks like they are really having a ride on the four wheeler (I mean, look at Avery's hair...and Grant's game face).

This may look like a sentimental moment, but don't be fooled.  They were arguing over who should sit in the main seat.
This outfit, I just love....A tutu and jeans, and that stylish jacket of hers?  Alisa and Ryan have one fashionable girl.


I don't even have some of the best pictures on here...I'm in the process of posting these on facebook. 
Other highlights:  Enjoying having some heart to hearts with my Aunt Maggie.  She is such an amazing woman and I can't wait to visit again. 
I was told that babysitting these little ones would be a great form of birth control -- but after spending some QT with my little cousins, I look forward to the day I can have some of my own.  Especially if they are as cute as Avery and Grant.


Next post on the agenda:  Idaho.  Be on the lookout.

No comments: