Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Talents.

Currently listening to --
'Motorcycle Drive By' - Third Eye Blind.

From this blog, "Stuff No One Told Me....but I learned anyway"

I have this special talent. It's actually not hidden; My old roommate was well aware of it and hated it. Here it is: I am SO good at ignoring alarms. I am absolutely amazing at pressing the snooze button and only being vaguely aware of doing it half the time. I am also especially talented at sleeping for at least 11 hours a day.

My brother thinks I'm very talented at Tiny Towers. It's an app on the iPhone...Let's just say, well, I agree with him. I am the QUEEN of spare time.

I personally think I'm pretty talented at reading. I'm reading 'Mistborn' by Brandon Sanderson right now. My long lost friend from Maryland that I met in summer camp 9 years ago who is obsessed with fantasy told me to read it. I was hesitant; isn't fantasy for nerds? Oh wait, I forgot for a second that I AM one! It is so good. I would suggest it for beginner fantasy readers like me. You'll want more. And more.

Hm..I tried In N' Out for the second time today. While eating it, I realized maybe in the past I was being too critical-- Maybe the West Coasters are right, gosh this is pretty good. 10 minutes later, my body told me no, it is not good. Never will I eat In N' Out again. Hours later, my stomach is still hurting, I'm feeling dehydrated, my head hurts, and I am tired. My body is really picky on what food it likes. However, I am not. My body hates me. We do not get along. Thank you, body for forcing me to make lists of restaurants/fast food places I can and cannot eat at. It also affects my friends and family when they are with me. Good. A couple on the list (thank GOODNESS McDonald's is miraculously NOT on the list):
1) Shake Shack -- so depressing.
2) A & W.
3) Qdoba
4)Chipotle
5) Simon's (or any Japanese Steakhouse)-- and I love that food.
The list goes on....

I spend the majority of my weekdays at the library. *A little girl is log rolling across the library floor right now. It looks like she is convulsing. But, she just got up. Oh wait, she's down again....* this is my life. On repeat. Throw some screaming babies in there, and you can easily picture my library experiences. If your kid is crying, wouldn't you walk out of the general area that is supposed to be quiet? Ya know, cradle them, soothe them, walk them in the hallways until they calm down? But no....This is not real life. This is a dream world. On a brighter note, I got complimented by my 'next seat neighbor' that I am the fastest typer he has ever seen in his life.
Why, thank you. Thank you very much.

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Poor girl. In & Out is delicious. Go to Zupas.